Tuesday 31 July 2012

Looking At The Future Of Cyclone Media

That's right, I'm still alive! And first things first, an apology. I had no intention of suddenly disappearing from posting on Cyclone, and I know It's a bad habit that I need to stop. I thought I'd take a little time to explain where I've been, and give you a glimpse into the future of Cyclone Media, and what you can expect to see from us into the future...

Well, just to clear it up, no, Cyclone has not shut down. Most of the team is still active and making videos, taking photos, and all that good jazz to keep you all entertained, and I am still fingerboarding too. I took a little break from the scene, as I appear to do every other month or so, to focus on the last weeks of school. Exams, work, music, and of course a few video games on the side, we're my hobbies. I hadn't completely forgotten about the site, but for a long time I forgot about posting. It was in fact only recently I reappeared in the scene, and hopefully, although I've said this a lot, I'm here to stay.

It's a long holiday from school I've got ahead of me now, which means plenty of time to film, post, and have meetups with team riders and friends from all over the scene. I'm keen to frequently post on Cyclone, and provide you with media and entertainment all through the holiday. And to answer one of the biggest questions of all...

YES, CS4 WILL HAPPEN. Now, you can all stop asking me and move on... Just kidding I won't leave it at that. Let's clear up some stuff about CS4. Firstly, It's going to happen, I can promise you all that. Secondly, It won't be called Cyclone Syndrome. Due to the common misconception that Cyclone Syndrome is a rare autism disease, (I'm serious), I will  be changing the name of the Cyclone Media event. To what as of now, I'm not sure. But since It's already known as "Cyclone 4", or "CS4", I may rename it to one of those, and for the future events, too. But we'll see. I also want to apologize for raising any hopes that CS4 was going to happen this summer holiday. Truth is, It was. But due to changing of management and staff over at the venue where the event is normally held, we weren't able to book it in time.

This may cause problems in the future. I wanted CS to be a free to enter event, but if I'm unable to book the regular venue in the future, I may have to start charging an entry fee, depending on if I do decide to book a different venue next time. I'm talking a small entry fee of about £1, £2, just to help pay off the costs of the venue. It's not set in stone that we will have to charge an entry fee, or that we will have to start booking at a new venue, but I'm just letting you know that there may be an entry fee.

I hope this was enough to clear up why there's been no updates to the site recently, what's happening with CS, and what you can expect in the future... Frequent updates, that's what! If you haven't already, we highly recommend you check out the UK fingerboard forum, FBHQ, the biggest fingerboard blog in the world, UniteFingerboarding, and check out the Ampersands team! All links in the side bar on your right.

Have fun, and keep fingerboarding!
Harry Yeates.

No comments:

Post a Comment